I started quilting in 1987. My parents were coming to visit and I thought it made sense to begin my quilting career with a queen-size quilt. Yes, I finished it. No, it was not good. It was highly improved when a lightbulb over the bed exploded and lit certain sections on fire, melting the lovely polyester batting.
For years I made traditional quilts and only recently have branched out into making what might be considered art quilts. I love the process and challenge of coming up with an idea and problem solving while creating! I also love the opportunity of sometimes working with my husband’s photographs. The collaboration of his eye and how I can interpret that vision can be exciting.
I currently live in Saratoga, California with my husband Curt, son Jake, and dog Samson.
- Pacific International Quilt Festival, 2012 (Best Use of Embellishment wall quilt), 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (Honorable Mention: Innovative), 2017
- Road to California, 2014 (Best Visual Image), 2015 (Honorable Mention: Art, Naturescape), 2016 (2nd Place: Art, Critter), 2017
- San Diego Women of the West Quilt Walk, 2014
- Quilting LIVE Atlanta, 2014
- International Quilt Festival/Houston, 2014 (3rd Place Digital Imagery), 2015, 2016
- AQS Paducah, 2016 (2nd place: Small Wall Quilts, First Entry in an AQS Paducah), 2017
- Jazz Impressions, San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles, 2016
- Breakout: Quilt Visions 2016, Visions Art Museum (Hand Flair Award in honor of Rita Zerull)
- MQX Quilt Festival – New England 2017 (Judge’s Choice, Scott Murkin)
- Threads of Resistance touring exhibition, 2017-2018
- Junctures, San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles, 2018
- Dynamic Fabric Art Portraits with Esterita Austin DVD, 2013
- 150th Anniversary California State Parks Online Quilt Show, 2014
- Quiltmania, May/June 2014
- Quilting Arts, August/September 2014, Issue 70
- International Quilt Festival Quilt Scene, Winter 2014/2015
- Quilting Arts, December 2014/January 2015, Issue 72 (cover)
- Quilts, Winter 2015, Volume 36 Number 2
- Rikstäcket, Winter 2015
- Quilting Arts, June/July 2015, Issue 75
- Quilt Visions 2016: Breakout Catalog. San Diego: Visions Quilt Museum, 2016.
- American Quilter, July 2016, Vol. 32, No. 4
- Threads of Resistance catalog. Artist Circle Alliance, 2017.
- Santa Clara Valley Quilt Association
- Studio Art Quilters Associates (SAQA)
- Visions Art Museum
- San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles